Y DAY CAMP
2021 Y DAY CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Y Day Camp 2021 will offer 8 one week session between June 28 -August 20 for children entering 1st grade in the fall to age 13. Camp runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday (not including transportation time) with additional before/after care hours (available for an additional cost) that extend the day from 8:00-5:00. Our Lewis Day Camp property is located at the “meeting waters” of the Black and Connecticut Rivers on Route 5 in Springfield, VT. Bus transportation is provided from Bellows Falls, Brattleboro, Chester, Putney, Springfield, and Westminster. We look forward to you and your child(ren) joining us for our 57th consecutive summer providing quality and valuable camping experiences for the children of the CT River Valley!
To register today click here!
Each day we are receiving and reviewing new information from a variety of agencies regarding COVID-19 as it relates to summer camp including the State of Vermont, CDC, YMCA of the USA and American Camping Association. As we have since the start of the pandemic, we will continue to adapt our program to meet the ever changing safety protocols while still providing a fun and memorable camp experience for your children!
The Vermont Department of Health has released clear guidelines around operating camp this summer. https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/Health-Guidance-for-Childcare-Afterschool-Summer-Programs.pdf.
Parent Testimonials from Y Day Camp 2020
Thank you, Meeting Waters YMCA, for providing a safe, healthy and memorable summer for our two children. We appreciate the strict safety measures that were taken this past summer due to COVID-19. Our children were able to have a pretty normal summer with camp games, nature exploration, canoe rides, swim lessons, making lasting friendships and just being kids! Wearing masks, social distancing and sanitizing was a great way to get them ready for in-person learning this fall. We had absolutely no issues with that transition. We are incredibly grateful for the effort given to allow for the children in our community to have a sense of normalcy during these uncertain times. -Hollie C. (North Springfield)
I'm so thankful that Meeting Waters YMCA continued to provide a summer program for the children even in the face of a pandemic. They did an excellent job keeping everyone safe. Our son had one of the best summers of his life during the most challenging of times. His days were packed full of activities and all the staff were amazing. We can't wait to sign him back up for next year!" - James C. (Brattleboro)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Weekly Health Screening Form: Click Here
Drop Off/Pick Up Policies: Click Here
State of VT Return to Child Care Program Following Illness Guidelines: Click Here
INFORMATION FOR FIRST TIME FAMILILES
Key benefits offered through our Y Day Camp:
- We are one of the only camps in the area that is licensed as a school-age childcare program, which makes parents in VT and NH eligible for their state's child care financial assistance program and ensures high standards for quality, staffing and safety practices;
- Bus service from nine NH and VT communities at no additional cost;
- Full day programming (9-4, plus bussing time) with before- and after-camp services available;
- We are a Summer Food Program site. All campers are eligible for a FREE, healthy breakfast and lunch each day;
- Veteran staff of highly-capable, passionate teens, young adults and adults;
- Fun yet purposeful and structured curriculum focused on asset development, holistic well-being, social skills development (no time for just "killing time").
Facilities: On our 52 acres of fields, woods and river frontage we have a 25 yard in-ground pool, a covered pavilion that seats 120, rest rooms, offices, changing rooms with private areas and storage cubbies, four lean-tos, an archery range, beach volleyball court, acres of playing fields, a canoe launch, and miles of hiking trails.
Activities: Our staff fosters the development of the whole child by providing a wide-variety of fun, age-appropriate activities that promote social, physical, intellectual, and emotional growth, and the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Core camp activities include swim lessons, sports & games, arts & crafts, free swim, adventure games (leadership- and team-building), archery, environmental education, and canoeing.
Hours of Operation: Hours of operation vary depending on which drop off/pick up method your family chooses. Drop off and pick up at our camp in Springfield is between 8:45-9:15 and 3:45-4:00. We offer an additional hour before and after camp to those families who enroll in before/after care extending the day to as early as 8:00am and as late as 5:00pm. Before/after Care is charged at a rate of $30 per week for before care and $30 per week for after care. Bus pick up/drop off times can be found below.
Northern Route: (Westminster 8:00/4:55) (BF 8:10/4:45) (Chester 8:30/4:25) (Springfield 8:45/4:10)
Southern Route: (Brattleboro 8:00/5:00) (Putney 8:15/4:40) (Walpole 8:35/4:20) (No. Walpole 8:40/4:15) (Charlestown (8:50-4:05)
Camp Staff: Our camp is directed by our seasonal Camp Director Sean Fortier. Many staff members from the previous summer will return and will be joined by several talented, passionate new staff members. Our "professional role models" are hired based on their camping, education, recreational and/or childcare training and experience, as well as their passion for helping children learn, grow and thrive and their commitment to our core values. They participate in a comprehensive training program prior to the opening of camp. Training includes applying Developmental Assets research, teambuilding, positive discipline, risk management, and First Aid and CPR.
Groups and Ratios: Children are organized into small groups by age. Each group of up to 13 campers is supervised by 2 counselors.
Tuition: $180 per one-week session, plus a one-time $25 administrative fee. Because Y Day Camp is a licensed School-Age Child Care program, camp fees are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. A variety of forms of Financial Assistance are available to help you pay for these fees. If you are eligible for 90% financial assistance through the State of VT or NH please contact the main office for a discounted enrollment rate.
Directions to camp:
- From the South: Take I-91 to Exit 7. Stay right at end of off-ramp, pass under I-91 and get into left lane. Turn left onto Route 5 between Irving and the Park & Ride. Lewis Day Camp is less than 1/2 mile up on the right, just after crossing over the bridge over the Black River.
- From the North: Take I-91 to Exit 7. Stay right at end of ramp. Immediately cross over to left lane. Turn left onto Route 5 between Irving and the Park & Ride. Lewis Day Camp is less than 1/2 mile up on the right, just after crossing over the bridge over the Black River.
- From downtown Springfield: Take Route 11 East toward NH. Just before I-91, take a right onto Route 5 South, between Irving and the Park & Ride. Lewis Day Camp is less than 1/2 mile up on the right, just after crossing over the bridge over the Black River.
- From Charlestown: From downtown, stay on Route 12 North until the left turn that will take you across the old Toll Bridge. On the VT side, pass under Route 91 and get into left lane. Turn left onto Route 5 between Irving and the Park & Ride. Lewis Day Camp is less than 1/2 mile up on the right, just after crossing over the bridge over the Black River.