Y DAY CAMP
Y Day Camp - for children who have completed kindergarten through age 13
Dates: 8 one-week sessions - June 26th - August 18.
2023 Y Day Camp Tuition: $200 per one-week session, plus a one-time $25 administrative fee. Because Y Day Camp is a licensed School-Age Child Care program you may utilize your childcare financial assistance (subsidy) toward your camp fees. If you expect to receive financial assistance through the State of VT or NH please contact the main office to discuss your enrollment fees. Additional Financial Assistance is available.
Enrollment is closed for summer 2023. Check in February for summer 2024 enrollment.
Key benefits offered through our Camp:
- We are one of the only camps in the area that is licensed as a school-age childcare program, which makes parents in VT and NH eligible for their state's child care financial assistance program and ensures high standards for quality, staffing and safety practices;
- Bus service from nine NH and VT communities to our facility in Springfield, at no additional cost;
- Full day programming (9-4, plus bussing time) with before- and after-camp services available (at camp only);
- We are a Summer Food Program site. All campers are eligible for a FREE, healthy breakfast and lunch each day;
- Veteran staff of highly-capable, passionate teens, young adults and adults;
- Fun yet purposeful and structured curriculum focused on asset development, holistic well-being, social skills development.
Parent Handbook: Answers to the most common questions about camp can be found in the Parent Handbook here
Facilities: On our 52 acres of fields, woods and river frontage we have a 25 yard in-ground pool, a covered pavilion that seats 120, rest rooms, offices, changing rooms with private areas and storage cubbies, four lean-tos, an archery range, acres of playing fields, a canoe launch, and miles of hiking trails.
Activities: Our staff fosters the development of the whole child by providing a wide-variety of fun, age-appropriate activities that promote social, physical, intellectual, and emotional growth, and the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Core camp activities include swim lessons, sports & games, arts & crafts, free swim, adventure games (leadership- and team-building), archery, environmental education, and canoeing.
Hours of Operation: Hours of operation vary depending on which drop off/pick up method your family chooses. Drop off and pick up at our camp in Springfield is between 8:45-9:15 and 3:45-4:00. We offer an additional hour before and after camp to those families who enroll in before/after care extending the day to as early as 8:00am and as late as 5:00pm. Before/after Care is charged at a rate of $30 per week for before care and $30 per week for after care.
Enroll for before/after camp here. Space is limited.
Bus pick up/drop off times can be found below.
Northern Route: (Westminster 8:00/4:55) (BF 8:10/4:45) (Chester 8:30/4:25) (Springfield 8:45/4:10)
Southern Route: (Brattleboro 8:00/5:00) (Putney 8:15/4:40) (Walpole 8:35/4:20) (No. Walpole 8:40/4:15) (Charlestown (8:50-4:05)
Camp Staff: Our camp is once again directed by our seasonal Camp Director Sean Fortier. Many staff members from the previous summer will return and will be joined by several talented, passionate new staff members. Our "professional role models" are hired based on their camping, education, recreational and/or childcare training and experience, as well as their passion for helping children learn, grow and thrive and their commitment to our core values. They participate in a comprehensive training program prior to the opening of camp. Training includes applying Developmental Assets research, teambuilding, positive discipline, risk management, and First Aid and CPR.
Groups and Ratios: Children are organized into small groups by age. Each group of up to 13 campers is supervised by 2 counselors.